Own a Japanese ski property or considering buying/selling?
SME Japan is the No.1 English Accounting and tax service provider in Japan for foreigners that want to invest in the Japanese property market.
We work together with management companies to assist owners overcome the many accounting and tax reporting obstacles faced when keeping their properties running smoothly.
Whether your property or intended purchase is in in deep powder Hokkaido (Niseko, Furano, Rutsutsu or Kiroro) on located in Honshu at any of the famous resorts in Hakuba, Nagano, Niigata or others we can help you settle, account for and lodge the required documentation.
SME Japan is a leading bi-lingual Japan based corporate services company with over 20 years of experience providing a one-stop solution from starting and managing businesses in Japan to purchasing and selling properties. We are experts in Japan accounting and tax strategies.
How can we help you own your dream in Japan?
Our English services in Japan are designed to meet the needs of overseas foreigners or those living in Japan wanting to own ski resort property. Japan is not the easiest of places to do business; we do all we can to make “getting business done” as painless as possible.
- Free initial tax explanation for you.
- Native English Service
- Advice on how to structure the purchase
- Lodgement of Tax returns
- Capital Gain returns
- and others…
Support at each stage of the investment cycle.
- Advice on Buying structure/s
- Consumption tax rebate
- Briefing on the Japan tax landscape
- Tax Returns
- Advice on deductibility of items
- Capital gains tax returns
- Withholding tax rebate/s
What are the taxes I need to consider?
When someone buys a property In Japan, the new owner will receive 2 tax notices; Property acquisition tax & Fixed asset tax. These taxes a liable irrespective of whether the property is leased out or not. There are also other types of taxes you may encounter:
- Property Acquisition tax
- Fixed Asset Tax
- Withholding tax
- Income Tax
- Consumption Tax
- Capital gains tax
SME Japan prides itself on being your one-stop property partner for services in Japan. How we can help:
- Powerful processing and industry knowledge of Tokyo combined with local Knowledge of Niseko.
- Free consultation in Native English. Explaining the complex Japanese landscape in simple easy to understand terms. In Hirafu? then let’s grab a coffee or chat over the phone.
- Simple lodgement and processing through use of smart technology.
- Direct liaison with your management company – less for you to do.
Our services in Japan are designed to ease your accounting and reporting burden so you can maximise the reason your here in the first place. Getting out and enjoying the magnificent soft waist deep powdery snow!
Dan our local Niseko representative and co-founder can often be found carving it up on his board. Don’t forget to ask him where are those locally known “hidden” runs…… 😉