What is a Business Plan?
A business plan describes a business’s idea, objectives, strategies, target markets, and financial forecasts. Simply, it will be an outline plan for a business’s success.
In Japan, it is used to acquire a business manager visa. And since creating a business plan is crucial in starting a company, you must give it your full attention.
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
This article will guide you through building a successful business plan. The advice we have provided will help you earn your Business Manager Visa!
What information should be in a business plan?
To apply for a Business Manager VISA from the Immigration Bureau, you must include a business plan written in Japanese. Because of this, you should either have a Japanese-speaking expert to help you write it or have it translated by a professional. You can use any format you like, as the Immigration Bureau has not mandated a specific format. However, important information needs to be presented in a business plan.
This serves as a “resume” of the company owner. The information provides evidence to demonstrate that the applicant has the necessary business skills and experience to manage a business successfully. Therefore, it is important to provide information such as the owner’s qualifications, experience, and any awards or achievements they may have.
Additionally, it is important to include a detailed description of the owner’s role in the business and how they plan to contribute to its success. This information should include the owner’s vision for the business, how they will lead and manage the business, and how their skills and experience will benefit the business. Lastly, owners must provide proof of their financial commitment, such as any investments they have made and any loans they have taken out.
This section briefly overviews the business venture. It should include the purpose of the business venture, its expected duration, and the expected financial resources.
It’s important to specify the nature of the company, its intended market, and the products and services it plans to offer.
An organization’s management philosophy is its guiding values and principles. As a business owner, you need to ensure that your company’s management philosophy is grounded in theory and experience. The more you stick to these guidelines, the more possible it is that you will succeed in creating a team that will grow and achieve above and beyond your expectations.
Your company’s strategy for turning a profit from its product or service is described in the business model. Investors will look primarily at your business model when deciding whether or not to put money into your company. Additionally, the Immigration Bureau will be more impressed with a comprehensive business model.
There are three main components to any company model:
• Market Analysis: This is an analysis of the target market for the business. It should include an assessment of the market size, potential customers, and competitive landscape.
• Product Launch: To show that your product or service has enormous growth potential in the future, you must not only offer the necessary information, such as the product’s category, name, and price but also analyze the product’s features and selling points.
• Competitor Analysis: You should conduct thorough research to understand better your competitors and how you measure up against them. Create a list of businesses that offer products or services similar to your own, and examine them in terms of features, value, and target market to learn where you stand. You’ll be better able to define your target market and the kinds of individuals who will buy your product or service after conducting a thorough assessment of the competition.
• Here are some ways how you can promote your products/services:
1. Utilize Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are great ways to reach potential customers in Japan. Utilizing these platforms to post promotional content, engage with customers, and curate content relevant to your target market can help increase visibility and engagement with potential customers.
2. Leverage Influencers: Influencer marketing is an effective way to reach potential customers in Japan. Partnering with influencers who have a large following and are active in the community can help to spread the word about your business, as well as help build trust with potential customers.
3. Leverage Local Events: Participating in local events such as festivals, trade fairs, and conferences can be a great way to reach potential customers in Japan and promote your business. These events allow you to engage with potential customers, network with other businesses, and spread the word about your business.
4. Develop an Omni-Channel Strategy: Developing an omnichannel strategy is key to reaching potential customers in Japan. This includes having an online presence on multiple platforms, such as a website, an app, and social media platforms, and an offline presence, such as a physical store or kiosk. Having a presence on multiple platforms allows you to reach customers differently and increase visibility.
This is a high-level description of the organization’s structure. The ownership structure, organizational structure, and employee requirements of the company should all be outlined.
This is about the company’s cash flow. Cash flow projections, budgets, and financial statements should all be part of this.
This is a summary of the possible risks that the company may face. The hazards and methods for managing them should be explained.
Are you looking to get a business manager visa in Japan? Our team at SME Japan can help you create a comprehensive business plan to get the business manager visa you need. We will help you through the whole process and ensure that your business plan has all the important parts. With our expert advice, you can be confident that you will have a strong plan to get the visa you need. Contact us today to get started.
"Otsumami" - a bite size snack:
A business plan is necessary for the visa application process, and should include a detailed market analysis, financial projections, and a management and operational plan.